One year Japanese language course(N5-N2)

One year Japanese language course.

This course lasts for 12 months. The content of this course focuses on listening, speaking, writing and reading. The training is designed to form future proficient japanese foreign language speakers. Apart from offering this language training, we also provide concrete exam strategies to cope with Japanese language exam. No matter your reasons to enrol in this course are due to academic or professional purposes, this course provides you with a step by step guide towards the enhancement of your Japanese level. The training is specially designed for students aiming to enter tertiary education in japan or for those who simply are deeply interested in the Japanese culture. The classes does not only increase students’ japanese ability, but also the overall commercial, social and cultural insights. We train student to communicate at ease from daily life to social and professional situation. At the same time we offer consultancy for individual students hoping to enter Japanese tertiary education. No matter you want to study or aim to enter japanese companies, our school offers you the necessary practical and professional training that pave the road of success of your Japanese language learning.

Course content:

Foundation course (first four months)

Approximately at N4 level. Focusing on vocabularies, grammars, listening comprehension and reading comprehension. We provide strengthening exercise and homework practises accordingly. Training to write articles, minor subjects, speaking exam and reading comprehension will be provided. On top of these, during the course we offer N5 and N4 mock exams and exam strategies.

Advanced course (the following 8 months)

Around N2 level. Combining subjects include vocabularies, grammars, listening comprehension and reading comprehension. Homework and regular tests are given to consolidate students’ level. Essay-writing and N2 exam strategies will be provided. It also includes grammar, reading and  listening comprehension and kanji strengthening exercises. In the last stage of the course we also provide some commercial japanese knowledge to help students to gain insights in the professional world.

Facts about Japanese education


  • Children who have their 6th birthday on or before April 1 enter the first grade of elementary school of that year.

  • School year starts in April and ends in March.

  • For Japanese nationals, six years at elementary school and three years at junior high school (total nine years) are compulsory.

  • Although foreign nationals are not subject to Japanese compulsory education, they may enter local elementary/junior high schools if they wish.

  • Some public elementary, junior high or high schools have developed an environment to accept foreign nationals and/or Japanese children returning from abroad. Contact the municipal office in the ward (or city, town or village) where you reside for more information.

  • After graduating from junior high school, children may choose to continue their education to high school and then to university or to find employment.

  • Elementary schools, junior high schools, high schools, technology colleges, junior colleges, universities and graduate schools in Japan are national, public or private institutes.

Frequent questions and answers:


Q: When should I apply for admission to an undergraduate or graduate school?

A: The timing for applying for admission varies, depending on the schools. For accurate information, be sure to check the application guidebooks. You can also check the application periods on the JASSO and Japan Study Support websites.

Q: How can I find out more about the application procedure?

A: Many schools make their application guidebooks and application forms available on their websites. You can search for keywords such as “ 外国人留学生募集要項 ” (application guidebook for international students), “ 入学案内 ” (school admission guide), or “ 受験案内 ” (entrance examination guide) on the website of a school you are interested in applying to. If they are not available on the website, you should ask the school if it can send you the information by post.

Q: Can I use one single application form for applying to all universities in Japan?

A: No, you can’t. The application form varies according to the schools. So you should get the application guidebooks.

Q: 1) I was enrolled in an elementary, junior high, or high school in Japan for several years. 2) I graduated from a high school in Japan. 3) I am a dual citizen (a citizen of two countries). If any of the conditions above applies, am I entitled to apply to take the entrance examination for international students?

A: How they treat your situation may vary from school to school. So you should contact the school before applying in order to have your eligibility reviewed by the school. Some schools may ask you to follow the same entrance examination system that applies to Japanese students.

Q: I have a disability. Can I receive assistance and support from the school to take the exam or during my schooling?

A: Some international students with disabilities are studying in Japan with assistance from their schools. If you need any support to take the entrance examination or in your schooling due to illness, a disability or a specific condition, please contact the school before applying.

Q: Should I go to Japan to take the entrance examination?

A: It depends on the school. Some schools determine admissions by screening application documents alone, conducting interviews remotely or by holding an exam in the applicant’s country.

Q: What level of Japanese language proficiency is required to study at a university or a professional training college?

A: You have to have Japanese language proficiency that is at least equivalent to 200 points in the EJU exam (Japanese as a Foreign Language) or the Level N1 or N2 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) to keep up with classes. If you have not reached this proficiency level, you are encouraged to study Japanese in your own country or at a Japanese language institute in Japan.

Q: Are there any programs that allow me to earn a degree by taking classes conducted in English only?

A: Yes, there are. The number of such programs is increasing each year. However, please note that colleges of technology, junior colleges, and professional training colleges do not provide programs conducted in English only.